Re: Line indents to middle when editing init.el: what the heck is happen

From: Tom Browder
Subject: Re: Line indents to middle when editing init.el: what the heck is happening?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:45:25 -0600

On Tuesday, January 26, 2016, Alexis <flexibeast@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> However, when editing init.el and I hit a carriage return, on the new
>> line the caret jumps to the middle of the window on the same line!
>> Any ideas or advice?
>
> Does this happen from emacs -Q? And could you provide some sample text
> demonstrating the context in which this behaviour occurs? Off the top of my
> head, it reminds me of the standard behaviour when one is using a single
> ';' to indicate ELisp

comments.

Ah, I am using a single semicolon!  I have never heard of that behavior
before, and I don't remember seeing that in XEmacs (but I started with an
extensive init.el from one of the daddy rabbits which may be the reason).

I'll see if a double-semicolon changes the behavior. BTW, do you know how
to change that behavior?

Thanks, Alexis.

Cheers!

-Tom