Re: Password prompt inside Emacs with epg-gpg-program -> "gpg2"?

From: Barry Fishman
Subject: Re: Password prompt inside Emacs with epg-gpg-program -> "gpg2"?
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 08:47:49 -0500

On 2016-02-09 10:54:30 +0100, Joakim Jalap wrote:
> pinentry-emacs can be built from the pintry repo at
> git.gnupg.org/pintry.git.
>
> Together with the correct envvars set, this allows us to input passwords
> from Emacs, yes :)
>
> However this seems to be seen as a sort of hack, and it's disabled by
> default on Arch Linux, FreeBSD and Debian as it seems, so I have had to
> build it from source. I guess that alienates a lot of users though :/

But it *is* enabled by default in Arch, and included as a separate
package in Fedora.

For Arch, its even part of core:

$ pacman -Ss pinentry
core/pinentry 0.9.7-1 [installed]
    Collection of simple PIN or passphrase entry dialogs which utilize the
    Assuan protocol
$ pacman -Qo /usr/bin/pinentry-emacs
/usr/bin/pinentry-emacs is owned by pinentry 0.9.7-1

--
Barry Fishman