Re: Overriding emacs key bindings

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Overriding emacs key bindings
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 03:25:37 +0000

On Mon, May 16, 2016, 9:56 PM Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com>
wrote:

> The entire
> C-c <something> keymap is reserved for the user.  The something can be
> any key that's not prefixed by ctrl or meta.  Any key works, even the
> numbers and symbols on the keyboard.

While I do agree that a wide range of user bindings are available with C-c
prefix, I would not recommend blindly using all available "C-c SYMBOL"
bindings without checking of org-mode already uses them especially if you
use org-mode a lot. I now first check if a new binding conflicts with
org-mode before creating a new personal C-c binding.

You can also check out the key-chord package from Melpa for a wider range
of bindings.

Kaushal Modi