Re: Newline-phobic text help.

From: R. Clayton
Subject: Re: Newline-phobic text help.
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 12:22:38 -0400

  Thanks for your reply to my message.

I think your scenario boils down to the fact that you don't want the
intra-paragraph newlines in your buffer to end up in your web form; if I got
that wrong, you can ignore what I wrote below.

  Nope, you got it.

I don't know the answer to your question about controlling how newlines are
written, but perhaps another approach would be to:

  You're being polite by not pointing out that using enriched-mode to do what I
  want is a stupid idea.  Apart from the hard-soft newlines problem, there's
also
  the header at the beginning of the file.

The only trick would be identifying when you've got an "It's All Text!"
buffer so you can evaluate that code.

  I hacked around that like so: point iat to an editor that's the shim shell
  script

    emacs --exec '(defconst its-all-text! t)' $@

  and put

    (when (boundp? 'its-all-text!)