Re: Strange eval behaviour

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Strange eval behaviour
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 00:19:30 +0100

Stefan Huchler <stefan.huchler@mail.de> writes:

> Also I am a bit relactend to open to much emacs instances cause I work
> in exwm which is basicly emacs as window manager, so I start emacs out
> of emacs :) Which itself could theoreticly cause problems. :)

You don't have to do it interactively.  You can also call Emacs from the
console with parameters.  Or use "make" if you want.

> But te point is, as long as I dont come in conflict with some system
> variables it should still work, its no good praktise but it should not
> cause bugs. Or do you see how that in that case can create this
> behaviour.

It makes the code and how it works very non-transparent (that's a reason
why I didn't try to understand the logic behind it).  I would definitely
fix this and all other compiler warnings as well first.

> so like that:
> (require 'cl-lib)
> (require 'cl-macs)
> ?

Yes.  But the second one is redundant: cl-libs requires 'cl-macs by
itself.

> yes that was my idea about bytecompiling in general not elisp
> specific, but if macros dont throw errors cause stuff only get
> evaluated if its bytecompiled thats really hard to debug, or it seems
> at least to me :)

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean here...

Regards,

Michael.