Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)

From: Priv.-Doz. Dr. M. Shinoto
Subject: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 13:53:16 +0900

Hi,

I have been using a Mac over decades, but now I am preparing for a change to Linux, testing all software and setups on an old Lenovo Thinkpad with LinuxMint 18.1.

Emacs does not accept the Japanese input with fcitx-mozc, and there are some forum posts from which I could only learn that "it sucks". I did not found anything helpful.

Can anybody give me a hint into the right direction, how I could use Emacs with Linux and Japanese?

Thanks,
Maria