Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)

From: Maria Shinoto
Subject: Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 14:59:13 +0900

Just an update on my tests for Japanese input.

I did not find a solution yet. Here are my intermediate results:

- Emacs in the terminal works with Japanese (fcitx-mozc) flawlessly.
- It seems to be a problem with GUI Emacs not being able to use fcitx-mozc.

--> I did not test the elder combination ibus-mozc, but in winter, when I made my first test series, I had the same problem with this combination.

I read all of the posts in the list, thanks to you all for your help and thoughts. Just for the records:

Writing Russian of Greek or English or Spanish is essentially the same. It is different with CJK, i.e. Japanese, Chinese (Modern and Classical) and Hangeul/Korean. These languages write in two steps: input based on either sound or other varying rules and then a transformation to the correct characters, which have to be checked and confirmed by the writer.

If there is a wish to test GUI Emacs with East Asian Language scripts on Linux in order to get this fixed, I will be happy to be of assistance. For the time being, I will have to step back and wait for my next holidays to go on experimenting.

Maria