Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs user manual in Spanish
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 15:30:57 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> Technology is not an end in itself. What you
> do with it is. And you do it in local
> communities in native language.

Do computers at any reasonably high level, then
it is English. All experience at least since
the 50s shows this.

Look down in front of you - or behind you, were
I have my computer - what computer is it?
Look inside it: what OS does it have?
Look inside the OS - in what (human) language
is the code? And in what country did they
develop the programming language?

Or, if they did it in another country, e.g.,
Linux which is Finland and actually the entire
world - what language did they use to
coordinate and discuss efforts?

And we have seen examples of that in this very
thread: the lack of a Spanish manual, and the
absence of populated Spanish Emacs groups/lists
on either aioe or Gmane.

And Spanish isn't some "minor" language you can
neglect, even if you were fond of such
rankings, which I am not. Actually, a noble
hidalgo on board a galleon for the New World
has as much to gain from learning English as
has a Suede on a Viking ship.

Even this whole discussion involving people
from all over Europe, including Russia, and the
US as well. There is not a single language -
other than English - that we all know to even
have a rudimentary discussion of this kind.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573