Re: Transposing words over middle words

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Transposing words over middle words
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 09:47:40 +0100

On Thu, Nov 16 2017, Joost Kremers wrote:
On Thu, Nov 16 2017, Loris Bennett wrote:
Assuming I'm at the end of the three words where the transposition
should take place, I usually do

   Jack and Jill went up the hill.
                ^ point is here: M-b
   Jack and Jill went up the hill.
            ^ point is here: M-t
   Jack Jill and went up the hill.
                ^ point is here: M-b M-b
   Jack Jill and went up the hill.
        ^ point is here: M-t M-t
   Jill and Jack went up the hill.

It seems moderately elegant to me, because it involves a fairly simple ordering of only two different functions. Having said that, I don't do
it that regularly and so still often screw it up.

There is a slightly quicker way of doing it (with | indicating point):

Come to think of it, in terms of key presses, it's not quicker at all... ;-) Anyway, I thought using a prefix argument would help, but when it's only a single word you're jumping over, it doesn't.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments