Re: Transposing words over middle words

From: Charles A. Roelli
Subject: Re: Transposing words over middle words
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 20:34:29 +0100

> Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 16:17:12 -0700
> From: Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com>
>
> TL;DR: How can I transpose words jumping over middle words?

I would just select the two words with the mouse (point and mark
anywhere in both words will do), then use M-t with a zero prefix
argument:

     A numeric argument of zero is assigned a special meaning (because
  otherwise a command with a repeat count of zero would do nothing): to
  transpose the character (word, expression, line) ending after point with
  the one ending after the mark.

(info "(emacs) Transpose")