Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (mult

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (multiple) pictures to be included
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 07:17:01 +0000

On Thursday,  7 Dec 2017 at 03:06, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> So my question is: how can I use Org mode to do
> it? (My method I'm already aware of,
> thank you.)

I would have an example block first which allows the editing of the
ascii drawing and then an nroff src block (although there is currently
no actual support for nroff but trivial to add) for the pic diagram.

Instead of an example block, you could use artist mode which is (in org)
associated with ditaa if you wanted to use emacs fully to draw manually.

I do this all the time with graphviz and plantuml diagrams inline in my
text for preparing (beamer) slides for teaching.  pic would be no
different.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, org 9.1.4