Re: python mode bugs

From: Ben Bacarisse
Subject: Re: python mode bugs
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 14:29:13 +0100

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> Ben Bacarisse <ben.lists@bsb.me.uk> writes:
>
>> Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Which version of emacs are you using? This seems to work fine for me
>>> in Emacs 26 and 27.
>>
>> You don't quote anything I said but you might be asking me too.  So,
>> just in case, I'm using 25.1.1.
>
> Hmm, C-c C-j doesnʼt have an issue for me in 25.1. This happens from
> emacs -Q as well?

M-X imenu works both with emacs -Q and with my normal startup.  It
failed to find functions with type annotations when I originally tried
because that was an emacsclient and something must have happened since I
stared the server.

After restarting the server, emacsclient behaves (unsurprisingly) just
like a fresh emacs run: imenu shows all functions in a test Python file,
even those with type annotations.

However, emacs -Q shows me more information!  It indicates if the index
item is a def or a class etc.  It seems I have python-mode installed and
emacs -Q is using python.el.gz and emacs is using python-mode.elc.

So my data point was not useful.

However, the OP should check if they are using python-mode (shown as
"Py") or python.el (shown as "Python").

--
Ben.