Re: python mode bugs

From: Ben Bacarisse
Subject: Re: python mode bugs
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 21:16:15 +0100

Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler@easy-emacs.de> writes:

> On 06.04.2018 15:29, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
>
>> However, emacs -Q shows me more information!  It indicates if the index
>> item is a def or a class etc.
>
> python-mode.el developer here. Indeed left out some advertisement,
> because if at "def" or "class" should be indicated by the given
> keyword already. Case there is some other occasion and info not
> redundant, it might be helpful to learn about.

I am only a very occasional Python programmer so I am not a good source
of information.  The ! in my remark was not intended to express any
great pleasure from the extra information, just surprise at the
different behaviour.  As the time I did not know that python-mode.el and
python.el were both present and working slightly differently.

--
Ben.