Re: Problem with simple script to clean out an ERC buffer

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Problem with simple script to clean out an ERC buffer
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 12:04:19 -0600

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> >> You may think I am a "20-ish moronic dude"
> >
> > Well, don't think so but yes, I think e-mail or
> > SMS would be much better for this particular
> > use-case :)
>
> Or, if you insist on IRC, how about setting up
> a new channel for this purpose? Then you
> wouldn't have to scroll thru other people's
> discussion - everything (and nothing else) would
> already be in that channel.

The conversation I shared actually did happen on a dedicated channel
already.  On IRC anyone can create any number of channels for their
own use.  So what you said was already happening.  If that blows your
mind then consider this:

  There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
  Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
  - Hamlet talking to Horatio

> Still, I think e-mail or SMS would be better!

I often think and wish that other people would do things the way *I*
would do them.  But, alas, these other people still go off and do
things they way *they* want to do them.  Usually without consulting
me!  I can then either compromise and deal with them as best as
possible.  Or I can crawl further into my hole and push some more
rocks on top of the entrance.

Bob