Re: Emacs for forums?

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: Re: Emacs for forums?
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 05:25:09 +0200

"Garreau, Alexandre" <galex-713@galex-713.eu> writes:

> So sad it’s not a gnus backend like nnrss or something alike :/
>
> I wish there were interfaces between gnus and more BBs such as popular
> webish/php software, like PHPmyBB, FluxBB, etc. would make the web
> a so much acceptable place.

There is at least a backend for reddit for gnus. (read only)
https://github.com/paul-issartel/nnreddit

And here are some more projects.
https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=reddit+language%3A%22Emacs+Lisp%22&type=Repositories&ref=advsearch&l=Emacs+Lisp&l=

But I would also enjoy forum gnus support even more.

I don't see myself using only twitter / mastadon or reddit and skip on
forums / comment sections of websites.

So yes I would love that, too. The best I see ahead is maybe "next"
browser a lisp based browser, which maybe makes the web slightly less
anoying.

Or maybe they could make eww a lot better :D

I played around a bit with matrix which has also a emacs client but its
a live messanger so not the same topic.

https://matrix.org/docs/projects/client/matrix-client-legacy-el.html