emacsclient and reverseVideo in Xresources

From: Dimitrios Apostolou
Subject: emacsclient and reverseVideo in Xresources
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 11:47:04 +0200 (CEST)

Hello list,

I've had the following line in my Xresources and has served me well for several years, getting all native X applications, including emacs, with dark background:

*reverseVideo: true

- "emacs" launches a window with dark background
- "emacsclient -c" launches a window with dark background
- "emacs -nw" launches emacs with dark background in the terminal
- "emacsclient -nw" launches emacsclient in the terminal with WHITE background!

Why is the last one happening? What can I do to alleviate the problem? I tried setting the global variable "inverse-video" to t, but didn't change anything.

Thanks in advance,
Dimitris