Re: Using R-mail in Emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using R-mail in Emacs
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 18:06:10 +0200

Bob Newell wrote:

> Gnus plays to a niche audience of devotees.
> As someone further up in this now long thread
> pointed out, there isn't much it can't do
> (though "do it easily" was definitely not
> claimed).

What exactly do you want from an e-mail client?

If one would make a list of ten things it is
expected to do, and those things are normal
things like compose, send and read mail, then
I dare say Gnus can do those things with
a minimal config file (.gnus or a subset of
.emacs) to just pinpoint the servers, e-mail,
and so.

I mean, some people say, ~"I spent years on
Gnus". Well, so did I! But I don't think I did
this because there was anything wrong with Gnus
to begin with. I spent years on Emacs as well,
not because it was bad, but because it
was good! (and now it is even better)

Why would I/we do that to a lousy piece of
software to begin with?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573