Re: Using R-mail in Emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using R-mail in Emacs
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 20:05:21 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> When we talk about an email client, we talk
> only about reading mail. Composing email and
> sending it are not parts of the email client,
> they are separate packages. For example,
> composing email can be (and is by default)
> done by message.el even if Rmail is the email
> client. And you can send using the same
> smtpmail.el package regardless of the email
> client and the compose package.

Well then, I don't see why Gnus cannot do that
just as easily as Rmail or any other client.

BTW message.el is part of Gnus:

    ;;; message.el --- composing mail and news messages

    ;; Copyright (C) 1996-2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

    ;; Author: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>

    [...]

    ;; This mode provides mail-sending
    ;; facilities from within Emacs.
    ;; It consists mainly of large chunks of
    ;; code from the sendmail.el, gnus-msg.el
    ;; and rnewspost.el files.

I have it in:

    /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/gnus/message.el.gz

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573