Re: Emacs po-mode help request

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs po-mode help request
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 08:32:24 +0200

> From: MENGUAL Jean-Philippe <mengualjeanphi@free.fr>
> Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 19:31:29 +0100
>
> I am a translator for free software and I use Emac because po-mode
> provides for an accessible tool to translate po files. My problem is
> that while I use Emacs, I dont know to program in Lisp and I just can
> copy-and-paste code. Thus I implemented the po-wrap feature via the
> Emacs wiki.
>
> My current problem is as follows: when I exit Emacs after I change a PO
> file, Emacs automatically update the field "Last-Translation" with the
> current date. All right. I am unable to get the sema about the
> translator name and email (Last-translator field). I tried to implement
> some code from po-mode+.el and to change some code in po-mode.el, but I
> never can get the result. The feature seems to exist in the code but
> without effect nor any mean to enable it or set it.
>
> Any solution?

The minimal support included in Emacs for editing Gettext files is in
po.el.  That package doesn't define po-mode, it just allows Emacs to
deduce the encoding of the file correctly.  It also doesn't update any
headers.  So if your problem is with the headers, perhaps the simpler
po.el which comes with Emacs will be better suited to your needs?