Re: Is it ok to use (redisplay), or should this be left to the experts?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Is it ok to use (redisplay), or should this be left to the experts?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:06:13 +0100

On Tue, Feb 12 2019, Stefan Monnier wrote:
The new text width only needs to be calculated once, so if I solve this with a function in `window-size-change-functions', the function would need to remove itself from that hook again. I guess it's feasible to call
remove-hook inside the function, right?

It should work fine, yes. If not, please report it as a bug (and you can work around it by postponing the removal to some silly one-shot
timer so it's removed from outside the function).

One more question: can I assume that full screen will have been activated when the functions in `window-size-change-functions' are called, or do I need to do something like:

```
(while (not (> (window-pixel-width) (window-pixel-width-before-size-change)))
 (sleep-for 0.1))
```

--
Joost Kremers