Re: Is it ok to use (redisplay), or should this be left to the experts?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Is it ok to use (redisplay), or should this be left to the experts?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 09:45:30 -0500

> One more question: can I assume that full screen will have been activated
> when the functions in `window-size-change-functions' are called, or do

Good question.  Maybe the fullscreen operation will trigger several
window size changes?  You'll have to see for yourself.  Ideally the
resize should be done in a single step, but the reality often falls
short of the ideal.

> (while (not (> (window-pixel-width)
> (window-pixel-width-before-size-change)))
>  (sleep-for 0.1))

The sleep-for should not be needed if you use
window-size-change-functions.

        Stefan