Re: Font setting for runemacs and frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Font setting for runemacs and frame
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 05:40:53 +0200

> From: Shuguang Sun <shuguang79@qq.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 11:27:23 +0800
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > For runemacs, why don't you just use default-frame-alist?
>
> I use window-system-default-frame-alist trying to manage one dot.emacs
> for both windows box and linux. It seems both default-frame-alist and
> window-system-default-frame-alist will flush the font setting.

Sorry, I don't think I follow: what do you mean by "flush"?  Can you
show what you tried with default-frame-alist, and describe the
effects?

> I need set different font according to the fontset, and it seems neither
> default-frame-alist nor window-system-default-frame-alist is able to
> make it.

Fontsets are the way to customize fonts more flexibly, so I don't
think I understand what you mean by "different font according to the
fontset".  Again, showing what you do or tried but didn't work, will
help remove any misunderstanding.

I'm asking all these questions because it sounds like you
unnecessarily use very complicated means, where much simpler means
exist that should allow you to do what you want.