Re: Google Gmail mailing list bounces

From: Eli Zaretskii
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 19:32:07 +0200

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 10:01:49 -0700
> From: Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com>
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > It's not your fault.  Which is why I do it every time I see a
> > "blocked" message, which mailman sends to me as the list admin.
>
> I haven't been so kind and generous.  There are so many mailing lists
> that I filter out all of the mailman administrivia messages.  Eli has
> gone above and beyond to take care of emacs-devel and others he is
> maintaining.

I really don't see how we can leave this to the subscribers
themselves: they just silently stop getting any messages from the
list, and it's anybody's guess when will they notice.  IMO, it would
be prudent if people who oversee GNU lists and configure mailman could
do something to prevent this automatic blocking, because it makes no
sense to me: why do we care so much about a bounced message?  But if
this wouldn't happen, I can't see how could I NOT unblock subscribers
who fell victim to this atrocity.  It sounds the same part of my
duties as reviewing messages held for moderation.