Re: Why is Elisp slow?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why is Elisp slow?
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 15:41:37 +0300

> Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 11:58:49 +0200
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> >Which systems we care about are not already supported by Guile?
> >

> Actually in windows I have a friend who tried it and the experience was
> not convincing for him.

I don't know what that means.  Guile 2.0.x compiles on Windows, and
(32-bit) binaries are available from the ezwinports site.  Those
binaries are good enough to build GDB with Guile support on Windows.

It's possible that later versions of Guile "need work" to be able to
compile and work well on Windows, but the amount of problems cannot be
too large, given all the fixes that went into 2.0.x.