Re: Why is Elisp slow?

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Why is Elisp slow?
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 15:32:18 +0200

On Fri, May 03, 2019 at 06:57:57PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
If that's already done (which sems to be the harder part), where is the
real problem to migrate to guile? I know there should be many, but what
are the known ones??

There's also the question of what would be the advantages.

       Stefan
Inter-language interaction (which is one of the strong features in
Guile out of the box) and native compilation. Plus some people taking
care of the compiler/interpreter/virtual machine parts and specialized
in that specific section, which is good because we need manpower.