Newbie with Gnus and posteo email setup

From: oury . dustin
Subject: Newbie with Gnus and posteo email setup
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 07:50:10 +0200

Greetings, help-emacs! Currently, I´m writing this from a webmail interface for posteo.de which is not ideal. I wanted to see if it was possible to configure Emacs to use my posteo email and one other alias together to sort my emails. Looking around I cannot find good documentation for configuring Emacs with posteo. I´m barely beginning Emacs and can barely remember a few shortcuts on the keyboard.

Below is pasted from the posteo.de help page for help with email clients-

Server name: posteo.de
Username: yourusername@posteo.net
Password: Your personal password

Important: The connection to Posteo is always encrypted (STARTTLS, TLS or SSL).

The outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication.

In case your email client asks: The password will be checked “normal” or “plain”. The password can also be transmitted unencrypted, because it is requested over a connection that is already encrypted.

The port settings depend upon the type of encryption:

Outgoing mail server (SMTP):
With STARTTLS using port 587, or
with SSL/TLS encryption using port 465

Incoming mail server (IMAP):
With STARTTLS using port 143, or
with SSL/TLS encryption using port 993

Incoming mail server (POP3):
With STARTTLS using port 110, or
with SSL/TLS encryption using port 995

The standard IMAP folders we have set up:
For sent emails: Sent
For deleted emails: Trash
For drafts: Drafts

Could anyone help me with configuring my ~/.gnus to get it up and running? I would use icedove if possible, but GuixSD doesn´t seem to have it available in their repository yet. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!