Re: Newbie with Gnus and posteo email setup

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: Newbie with Gnus and posteo email setup
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 10:29:36 -0400

> Ha, I forgot the other half! Thanks. FWIW, I use msmtp.
>
>> I run postfix on my machines and use smtpmail.el:
>
> Possibly dumb question, but doesn't this mean outgoing mail leaves your
> machine on port 25? I thought most ISPs blocked that port.

No, postfix on my localhost listens on port 25, but it forwards the mail
according to the spec in /etc/postfix/main.cf. That can specify whatever
port the relay server is listening on.

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler