Re: Way to use wsl utilities on windows 10 with emacs windows version.

From: Van L
Subject: Re: Way to use wsl utilities on windows 10 with emacs windows version.
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2019 16:25:47 +1000

> On 8 Jun 2019, at 16:07, m_pupil@163.com wrote:
>
> Yes, and no. The wsl is said to be slow only because it is compared with the
> new wsl2 (which is based on vm). Anyway. Even wsl is slow, most of the 3rd
> party utilities emacs relayon is one time command we don't care about their
> performance in general.

If memory serves the wsl is 5x slower and the wsl2 is 2x slower. The filesystem
layer was where I.T. was swimming in the mud like a Corporate Capitalist Pig
(CCP) producing onetime use plastics waste at unprecedented scale.

I mention their Terminal plan only because it makes much much more sense
architecturallythan the shoehorn-vm trick.