Re: Question mail package

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Question mail package
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 16:21:10 +0300

Ergus [2019-10-21T14:07:30+02] wrote:

> I mean, What are the active users and developers using for email? Both
> for the mailing list and the personal email? mu4e, gnus, something
> else?

Gnus is quite popular. I have used it many years and liked it.

A couple of months ago I switched to Notmuch Emacs interface. Because of
Notmuch's database it is very fast with large number of mails (currently
410598 emails here). No need to move mail files anywhere. Just search
the database (or preconfigure "named searches") and I get what I want.

Notmuch and Notmuch Emacs should be available from GNU/Linux
distributions. In Debian they are packages "notmuch" and "elpa-notmuch".
You also need a way to retrieve mail, "fetchmail" maybe.

https://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-emacs/

--
///  OpenPGP key: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450
//  https://keys.openpgp.org/search?q=tlikonen@iki.fi