Re: Question mail package

From: YUE Daian
Subject: Re: Question mail package
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 15:36:38 +0800

On 2019-10-21 21:26, Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net> wrote:
>> On 2019-10-21 14:07, Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> wrote:
>> > Hi I have a simple question. What are the recommended
>> > application/package for mailing these days?

> I've used Gnus for a good 10 years and would never go back to anything
> else. My configuration is over 1,000 lines of elisp now and would do
> you little good, except as an example of how flexible, adaptable, and
> complex(!) Gnus can be.

I totally agree with this.

Gnus can do almost everything you can think of with mail, and the
trade-off is you have to spend a quite long time to set it up.

My suggestion is googling the features of each client, just picking
something up and use it for some time, then try new things if you like.

IMHO it is a better idea to make your configurations evolve along with
your experience with Emacs, instead of trying to get everything "set"
before sailing.

And Git is your good friend.