RE: Temporary notes in Emacs buffers?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Temporary notes in Emacs buffers?
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 13:19:56 -0800 (PST)

> My sense of why bookmarks of any sort are not
> a solution is that the mapping goes the wrong
> way.  You open a list of bookmarks and expect
> them to take you to the appropriate targets.
> Marcin seems to want to open the target and
> have it known whether or not there are any
> relevant notes.

That's not true of Bookmark+ bookmarks.
As I said, you can automatically highlight
their locations.  As Marcin requested:

  > similar to (but different than) the
  > "yellow notes" in some pdf viewers.

And you can use different kinds of highlighting
for different sets of bookmarks.

You need not ever display a list of bookmarks,
or even a list of a given set/type of bookmarks.
You can access (show/edit) a bookmark at its
point of use (its target).