Re: Get the actual width/height of an image

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Get the actual width/height of an image
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 02:13:40 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> I think Emacs is moving away from ImageMagick and
>> toward "self-implemented" image manipulation &ct.
>> functions. Not that IM has "gotten rusty" -- it
>> isn't preferred from an elisp perspective which
>> could be important in terms of portability to
>> other Emacsen.
>
> Actually, yes, part of the reason is that it has
> gotten rusty, IIRC.

Well, if that is the reason perhaps efforts should be
made to remove the rust (actually, things that you
use typically don't rust) rather than have every
software project's team of developers implementing
their own way of getting the dimensions of an
image? ;)

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573