Re: url-retrieve fails on most HTTPS sites

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: url-retrieve fails on most HTTPS sites
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 22:26:45 -0400

>>> (BTW, don't quote lambdas! was the rule one decade ago...)
>> From wrting too much Common Lisp, I'm used to
>> writing #'(lambda ...), but I'm not qualified to
>> judge elisp.
> Comrade S Monnier always said don't quote lambdas.
> and... I believed him.

' and #' are two different beasts.  If you want to wrap your lambdas
inside #' be my guest.  But please don't quote them with ' because it
turns them into "lists which happen to look eerily like functions".
You can't α-rename lists, you can't byte-compile lists, you can't
macro-expand lists, you can't detect "bugs" or code smells in lists, ...

        Stefan