Re: Define interactive function with arguments

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Define interactive function with arguments
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 11:22:30 +0200

On Fri, Oct 09 2020, Christopher Dimech wrote:
Your comment simply means, look at the manual and look at the code and don't bother me. Nobody forced you to reply, and if people do not want to advise, they can simply disregard me. Have heard such
talk all the time, especially in industry.

I'm truly sorry if it came across wrong, but I didn't mean my comment that way. It was meant in a "help someone help themself" kind of way. The Emacs Lisp Intro is a very helpful resource (I think) and I didn't see anyone point it out yet. (Though I may of course have missed it, in which case I apologise.)

In the spirit of helpfulness, these two sections of the Elisp Intro answer your specific question:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/eintr/Interactive.html#Interactive

and:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/eintr/Interactive-Options.html#Interactive-Options

--