Re: Unicode progress tooltip?

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Unicode progress tooltip?
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 09:54:20 +0530

On Sun, Oct 11 2020, Stefan Kangas wrote:

>> You need two things:
>>
>> (1) Install which-key package, then
>> (2) Press ‘C-x 8’ (then wait for a second)
>
> Well, as much as I love which-key, installing it is not strictly
> required.  You can just say `C-x 8 C-h' to see all the bindings.

Wow! I have disabled which-key now. I try to use as much built-in
features as possible. Not that I hate packages. But that the builtin
ones are really well thoughtout. I didn't know that we can use ‘C-h’
after typing a command sequence partially.

In a new post, I'll share my idea, and probably we all discuss how we
can improve in this area by slightly adjusting ‘help’ during idle
time. We have borrowed in 27.1 from ido-mode. We can do so to display
help after some idle timeout.