Re: Can't send mail with smtpmail "any more" (Gmail and other provider

From: Saša Janiška
Subject: Re: Can't send mail with smtpmail "any more" (Gmail and other providers)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 14:30:30 +0100

On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 16:05:01 +0300
Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> M-x rmail is quite good client for email handling in Emacs.
>
> Then there is:
>
> M-x mh-rmail which may have many good power users' options

Yeah, I heard goof things about those, but they seem a bit isolated
when/if one wants to switch to something else?

> For me, due to nature of my email handling and having over 50000
> Maildir directories inside of ~/Maildir and that none of Emacs clients
> is handling Maildirs, I am using mutt email client.

What about notmuch or mu4e which can use Maildirs (with the help of
e.g. mbsync)?

> That is one of most efficient for me. And I am launching it inside of
> Emacs and editing files with Emacs by using emacsclient

I'd be happy with (neo)mutt, but would miss (better) integration with
org-mode?

> msmtp is excellent tool and handles queues of email even if connection
> to Internet is sporadic. MTAs need to be configured to handled mail in
> queues for longer time and for that reason some emails could be lost
> or returned back.

I believe that for my volume of mail, msmtp is good-enough. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The spirit soul bewildered by the influence of false ego thinks
himself the doer of activities that are in actuality carried out