RE: Defun Self Documentation

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Defun Self Documentation
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 08:15:54 -0800 (PST)

> Don't people find it tough to immediately figure out which bracket closes
> what?  But if readers will thank me, I would certainly comply.  I come from
> the C-Language as is evident.

No.

Turn on `show-paren-mode'.

See also option `blink-matching-paren' and the
other `blink-matching-paren-*' options.

Double-click `mouse-1' on a paren, to select it,
its match, and the text between them.

`C-x C-x' bounces the cursor from end to end of
the region.

If code is formatted normally then you can
pretty much count on the ))))) at the end of a
sexp to balance what you'd expect.  Otherwise,
someone (e.g. you) would already have fixed that.

There's zero reason to put an opening or closing
paren on a line by itself, unless you want to
indicate something specially or add a comment in
a particular way.

`C-M-q' indents an entire sexp (e.g. a defun) in
a conventional way.  It, `TAB', and other keys
know Lisp syntax.