Re: Defun Self Documentation

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Defun Self Documentation
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 18:29:02 +0100

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> Don't people find it tough to immediately figure out which bracket
> closes what?  But if readers will thank me, I would certainly comply.
> I come from the C-Language as is evident.

My impression: parens are for code editing, for making it easy to write
syntactically correct code.  And as it has been mentioned, Emacs makes
that easy by providing highlighting and paren moving commands etc.

For reading (by humans) indentation is more helpful.  Indentation more
or less directly reflects paren depth.

And to make code even more readable, some people prefer to use
`rainbow-delimiters'.  I guess you would like it.

Michael.