Beyond Kind Communication

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Beyond Kind Communication
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 23:24:16 -0600

In the spirit of open communication..

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 10:39 PM Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

>   (setq clueless-online-faculty '(eli-zaretskii))

Other than hoping to score points with people who are frustrated by
our maintainer, what do you hope to gain by this display?

I must assume you cannot believe your technical points, whether
already raised or forthcoming, will be given more weight after you
reply to yourself three times in an hour, ending with the above.

Will you please tell us what you hope to achieve?

Is it your thought that Eli will offer to resign again?  I hope that
doesn't happen.  I hope that, as I have seen in the past, Eli will
adjust his style and approach based on the well-meaning and considered
inputs given to him by those who care foir Emacs and our community.

Will you please show some of that care, here?  I would like to know,
apart from your technical points, what virtue you see in sending such
as these messages to us all.  If hope that if you will take the
trouble to engage in a conversation about your frustrations and hopes
(as seperation from your specific technical asparations) we can yet
all learn something.

FWIW, I will read your messages whether you are rude to me or not, so
go ahead and say what you wish.  I'd like to find an opportunity from
this cluster-fuck of a "contribution".

In curiousity,
Corwin

"It is not enough to be Hungarian.  You must also have talent." -Steven Brust