Re: Defun Self Documentation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Defun Self Documentation
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 13:58:56 +0200

> From: Anders Munch <ajm@flonidan.dk>
> Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 09:10:52 +0000

> >> ?
> >
> > You are suggesting someone else to use your personal preferences without
> > explaining your reasons for not liking the default value.
>
> The reason for why the current default value is bad: It creates a disconnect
> between the user action (moving point) and the observable result (paren
> highlight).

Thanks for explaining your reasoning, but let's not forget that
setting that to zero has a downside: if one types fast, it will slow
down redisplay by delaying the response to the typing.

> The default of 0.125 seconds is on the wrong side of Jakob Nielsen's
> reactivity
> limit:
>     https://www.nngroup.com/articles/response-times-3-important-limits/

Works perfectly for me, for many years, FWIW.  But of course, this is
personal, which is why it is a user option.