Re: Defun Self Documentation

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Defun Self Documentation
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 20:07:35 +0100

> Indeed ;-)
> But I wonder why we'd recommend other users not to use lexical-binding
> in their `init.el`.
>         Stefan

Because the defun special form didn’t work properly in lexically bound contexts.
But since 24.3, the problem with the symbol counter was resolved, it is no
longer
a good advice.  People can use it without any harm.

Christopher Dimech
General Administrator - Naiad Informatics - GNU Project (Geocomputation)
- Geophysical Simulation
- Geological Subsurface Mapping
- Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- Natural Resource Exploration and Production
- Free Software Advocacy