Re: how to connect emacs (gnus) to github pull-requests discussions

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: how to connect emacs (gnus) to github pull-requests discussions
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 23:28:01 +0700

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 23:04, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> More and more code development is done by pull requests (mostly using
> github) One of most annoying thing for me is that I cannot use emacs
> more specifically gnus to access these discussions.
>
> Does somebody know either a possibility to connect gnus to github pull
> requests or any other emacs pkg that would allow me to connect emacs to
> the github pull request pages

Why not?

Github lets you subscribe to any individual issue, pull request, or a
whole repository.

If you are subscribed, Github will send you an email every time
someone posts a comment in that issue or pull request, or if someone
creates a new issue or PR in that repository.

Every such notification email has its Reply-To header set to a unique
email address. Any reply you send to that address will be added as a
comment to the corresponding issue or PR. (It will be interpreted as
Markdown so quoting works as expected. Just don’t overquote.)

(I have not used that facility personally, but I have seen it used.)