Re: Reply-To -> CC?

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Reply-To -> CC?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 09:30:32 +0530

> My question: Is it possible to setup the message header of a message to
> person A so that a person B is CC'd,

This is possible with ‘Posting Styles’. Something like this,

             (message-to-A-p        ;; A function predicate
              (CC "B <b@cc.org>"))

> and to specify something in the Reply-To header so that when A
> responds, the message is send to me and also automatically CC'd to B
> again?  Or can this be forced in some other way?

Most MUA’s seem to honour MFT headers. You could try setting it with
‘message-goto-mail-followup-to’ C-c C-f C-m. If it works then set that
as well in the above posting-style.

> I ask because some people's MUAs seem to silently drop the CC'd address
> and those people then fall out of the discussion.

If the person replying is using Reply-All action then it should not drop
the CC’ed address. If it is then I doubt that it will honours MFT. But
you may give it a try.