Re: Reply-To -> CC?

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Re: Reply-To -> CC?
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 09:23:03 +0530

>> It works for a group if the fist element is a regexp. Quoting from the
>> doc:
>>
>>    The first element in each style is called the ‘match’.  If it’s a
>> string, then Gnus will try to regexp match it against the group name.
>> If it is the form ‘(header MATCH REGEXP)’, then Gnus will look in the
>> original article for a header whose name is MATCH and compare that
>> REGEXP.  MATCH and REGEXP are strings.  (The original article is the one
>> you are replying or following up to.  If you are not composing a reply
>> or a followup, then there is nothing to match against.)  If the ‘match’
>> is a function symbol, that function will be called with no arguments.
>> If it’s a variable symbol, then the variable will be referenced.  If
>> it’s a list, then that list will be ‘eval’ed.  In any case, if this
>> returns a non-‘nil’ value, then the style is said to “match”.
>>
>> See “If the ‘match’ is a function symbol”.
>
> Right, that's pretty much what I was saying.

Probably, I have misunderstood this,

>>> I don't think so: posting styles only work when replying to a message in
>>> a particular group, or composing a new message "from" a group using "C-u
>>> m" or "C-u a" while point is on that particular group.

Do you mean that when we are in group buffer and press just the ‘m’ or
‘a’ then the posting styles won’t be consulted? Or that we are always in
one or the other group context. On my installation, the default posting
style ((".*") ...) is always taken into account.