Smalltalk-mode (was: Basic Question)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Smalltalk-mode (was: Basic Question)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 14:19:04 -0500

> As to the mode itself, I can't say much, since I haven't tried it.
> Perhaps someone more knwledgeable can chime in.

I haven't tried the interactive read-eval-print loop (via `gst-mode`,
bundled in the `smalltalk-mode` package), so I don't know how well it
works, but the major mode used to edit the actual code has been updated
recently (by yours truly).

The GNU ELPA package should definitely work better than the code bundled
with GNU Smalltalk (unless they updated it to the version in GNU ELPA?),
especially w.r.t auto-indentation.

        Stefan