Re: Help with unicode diacritics

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: Re: Help with unicode diacritics
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 09:51:43 +0000

Thanks Drew, and to the others for replying.  (Apologies I can't reply
to individual messages that were not CC'ed to mem, as I'm not on the
mailing list yet.)

To answer Eli's suggestions:

1. I don't need a latin font, I need a unicode font for handling
mathematical expressions like x bar (for the mean of x) as I said in my
original email.

2. I think the juliamono font does contain glyphs for both "a" and the
"overlinecomb".  I asked the font author:
https://github.com/cormullion/juliamono/issues/87

3. If anyone knows of a good font for handling these diacritics, I'd
like to hear recommendations, thank you.  In the meantime, I will
investigate firacode.

best wishes to all for 2021.

Stephen