Re: Dired: how to mark with other character but *

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Dired: how to mark with other character but *
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 08:46:00 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

> But anyway, all those key bindings are too complex. It is
> best making the function like I have made and binding it to
> one key for faster work.

Yes, if you have time, write a function that accepts a char as
an argument and an optional n for how many files.

Because then one can either write very simple defuns to call
that or one can even use only keys and lambdas, with different
keys for different chars...

Another alternative to call it directly (and interactively)
and input what mark is desired!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573