Re: Redisplaying text in both display margins?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Redisplaying text in both display margins?
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 17:10:17 +0100

pwr--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:

> Thanks! Sorry I only meant for this thread -- the onus is on
> me to make clear when I'm writing in from off-list, which
> this time I forgot to do. (Can't expect anyone to keep in
> their heads who is/isn't subscribed.)

Doesn't that happen automagically? I for one _never_ think who
subscribes or not. There should be mane ways to read,
furthermore. There were even a Usenet group (gnu.emacs.help)
and a gateway here but I think it (the gateway) isn't
operational anymore. More, I use Emacs Gnus and Gmane, so this
is gmane.emacs.help for me. When the Usenet group was
gatewayed there were also Google groups. There is the web
archive [1] and even tho I don't think Gmane has an
interface/archive up ATM I'm pretty sure that was the case
sometimes. Plus the way to read and send that I'm unaware
of...

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/

--
underground experts united