Re: Tmux replacement or integration with Emacs.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Tmux replacement or integration with Emacs.
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 19:24:49 +0300

* moasenwood--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-02-01 08:23]:
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
> >> In Emacs, can I obtain the same/more capabilities supplied
> >> by tmux?
> >
> > I don't think Tmux comes with anything comparable to `M-x
> > doctor`, so clearly you can obtain *more* with Emacs than
> > with Tmux.
>
> No doubt, as tmux is a terminal multiplexer and Emacs is an,
> uhm, text editor. tmux is still great to have around. It feels
> like everyone uses tmux these days. And so do I.

Emacs is replaceable with `screen' and `tmux' in the functional
sense. Maybe Emacs does not have best terminal emulation, but
practically users can run multiple shell sessions and Terminal
within one Emacs daemon, they may sign off and log in again with
sessions remaining intact.

Sometimes I was running screen with multiple shell sessions, sometimes
running multiple Emacs instances, sometimes Emacs in similar fashion
as screen or tmux runnning multiple shell sessions.