Re: [External] : Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key (why only one?) and res

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: PROPOSAL: Repurpose one key (why only one?) and reserve it for third-party packages
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 01:33:39 +0100

Drew Adams wrote:

>> I understand your opinion but contrary to it, I found there
>> are many available key bindings, we mentioned here Super
>> key, key prefixes or maps, so it amounts in thousands.
>> Keyboard will die sooner as physical keyboard then the
>> available key bindings.
>
> I disagree.

I don't know if I disagree or agree, but note that it isn't
just a matter of the number of theoretical keybindings, it is
also what keybindings are ergonomic, short, close to asdf jkl;
(i.e. fast) perhaps mnemonic (tho that shouldn't be
over-emphasized, particularly not for stuff that is used
often, as that will bypass the brain pretty soon anyway and
enter muscle memory) and such concerns.

Good keybindings are not infinite.

--
underground experts united